Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Nutcracker Advent Day 17

Remember the nutcracker with the cracked face? Well, it was only a few years after I received him that another broken nutcracker appeared on my Grammy's shelf. This one was missing his feet.

So I naturally started hinting that I'd like him. I didn't have a nutcracker that didn't have feet at that time you see. And I wanted him.

As with the one with the cracked face, Grammy tried to talk me out of it, even hinted that it had been bought for someone else (much to my horror) but when Christmas came around and I opened my package from her, there he was, and he's been mine ever since. I can't admit that he's my favorite nutcracker. Save for his feet, there's nothing particularly unique about him. But he's survived through a few purges, and he I do pity his handicap.

2 comments:

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...