Thursday, May 31, 2018

Colors: A Poem

We lived in a land
With no smiles or frowns,
But eyes that betrayed 
Emotion with color

Yet we did not know
We did not understand
That there was no rule
No two people saw color 
The same way

Jeana saw red and feared.
Paul embraced it with passion.
Rhanna's love was violet
And Nod saw purple with disgust

I looked in your eyes, 
Blue as the sky
I thought I saw peace there
For that is how I saw blue

But your blue was sadness
And that is why I never understood
Why you left.

Also, Water Princess, Fire Prince is currently free, as it was selected for Book of the Month by Fellowship of Fantasy's book club.

1 comment:

  1. This is just so sad. :'-( Makes me want to gather all these people in a room and have them TALK TO EACH OTHER.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...