Saturday, July 12, 2014

Actually Finishing Something In July 3.2

Hello! Kendra here. I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I have, however, been contemplating my life and what I want to do with it.

And knitting. Because knitting is good for the nerves. I've been looking at getting my GiraffeCrafts business up and going, and I need an inventory.

To make matters complicated, I've had a ... suitor. Who wasn't chased off by the "you have to ask my dad" requirement. And who my dad said could take me out. Honestly, the gentleman does hit on many of the points that I've been looking for in a man, and I could see myself liking a fellow like him ... if he were at least fifteen years younger. The guy is twenty-five years my elder.

No, I don't mind an older man, but not THAT much older.

DAD!!!!!!!!

In his defense, this was the first gentleman who has come to him asking about me. Hopefully, he'll know better next time.

But, anyways, that's what I've been doing.

And on to the questionnaire for the challenge.

1) Were you able to reach your weekly goal?  

No. Not even close. Can't even fudge and say that I made progress, because I didn't. Write an hour a day? Ha! I was lucky to stare at a screen for three seconds.  I have about three paragraphs added to the story.
2) Is this challenge encouraging you to write more often?

See above.

3) At what time of the day did you accomplish most of your writing? 

I actually do most of my good writing during my break half-hour at work. Which is sad.

4) Which musical tracks do you listen to most while writing? 

Customers ordering food.

5) Share a descriptive snippet or two of your writing.

Because I haven't written anything descriptive ... um ... A picture's worth a thousand words?

Via Pinterest

6) Share three dialogue-based snippets from your week one writing.


Let me share with you everything I have written for this draft, because it is all dialogue.

     “It is a fact universally acknowledged that a short girl, in procession of  something above her head must be in want of some young man to get it down for her,” Clara stated, as she and her two best friends headed to the pool. “And no matter how far from the case it may be, if it just so happens that her mom has told her to get something that just so happens to be on a shelf above her head, and some guy just so happens to be walking by and sees her, he's going to offer his help."
    “Is that so?” Rhoda asked. "You know, you could just let them help you. It would save you a lot of time."
    Clara rolled her eyes. "I had it handled. I didn't even need to be on tiptoe to get it. He only offered to help me so that he could be a dashing hero."
    "Maybe he was just trying to be nice?" Rhoda suggested.
    "You're a pretty girl," Kath added. ''And we know that you're against the thought of boys liking you and all that, but they don't know, so ..."
    Clara tossed Kath a glare. “I’m not against boys liking me, it’s just that …”
    “Was he a redhead?” Kath continued, seemingly oblivious. “Because I do know that you are especially against them if they’re not.”
    “Redheads have nothing to do with it,” Clara insisted, with a roll of her eyes. “I’m only fifteen, and I’m not ready to be thinking about things like that, and he was being an unnecessary dashing hero. That’s what I don’t like.”
    “That and the fact that he probably wasn’t a redhead.”
    Rhoda rolled her eyes, “What is its with you and redheads when it comes to Clara?”
    Kath gave an innocent smile.  "It just seems to me that a redhead would be perfect for Clara.  Hey, aren't one of your cousins a redhead?"
    “Yes,” Rhoda admitted. “Two of them are.”
    Kath nodded. “But Josh is younger than I am, and would certainly not do for Clara.”

7) How are you going to move forward in this challenge? Are you changing your word-count goal or other plans? 

I am changing my goal. Instead of finishing part one of WPFP, I'm going to focus on writing up blog entries for my blog party because (gasp!) I haven't finished any of them. Started a few, but finished, no. And some of them won't be hard - just copy-pasting the first chapter of several of the books.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I can't believe a guy that much older than you asked you out! Was it at least someone that you know?
    Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what to say to people doing Actually Finishing Something in July. Do you say "good luck with your goal" or "break a leg" or "I know you can do it!"? I guess I'll just go with all three. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he's a regular customer at work. In his defense, he probably thought I was older than I am, because I appear older when I'm being professional. But ... yeah.

      Yeah, I think all three would be good.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Kendra... I guess you could count it as a compliment of his thinking you were older because you were so mature. Honestly, I don't think that would ever happen to me. Most of the time, I get classified with the younger sets (somewhere between the 14 and 19 year olds), and I'm 20! Ah, well... life. It'll make a great story someday, eh? :)

    Loved the snippet. The redhead bit made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 years your senior???!! Wow. Do I congratulate you or sympathize with you? :)

    Your answer to #4 had me in stitches.

    Great snippet! I liked the 'unnecessary dashing hero' part.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...