Monday, November 9, 2015

Survey

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, Isaac Watts


Am I the only one who'll have songs pop into her head when she can't remember how to spell a word?

Anyway, I'm participating in a Black Friday sale this year, which is going to be exciting. And we'd like to know what you're looking for in the sale. So, just click over here and fill it out.

Also, I hit 20,000 words for NaNo yesterday, bringing me to about 42,000 total for Lady Dragon, Tela Du.

Have a snippet:

  Rintaya’s “house” proved to be a doormat.
  At least, that’s all that Petra could see, even remotely resembling a home, when the woman stopped short and declared that they’d arrived. It did not, in any way, resemble a castle.
  “Is your house magic?” asked Reuben.
  “What do you mean?” asked Rintaya.
  “It’s just that, normally, when someone says castle, I picture a large building with lots of towers, maybe a moat, definitely some heavy walls, and I don’t see anything like that here.”
  “Oh,” said Rintaya, nodding slowly. “Well, I suppose I do understand your confusion, then.”
  “Does ‘castle’ mean something else here in Rizkaland?” asked Petra.
  “Oh, no,” said Rintaya, shaking her head. “Indeed, your definition is pretty much spot on for what we describe as well.”
  “Then where is it? You said we’ve arrived, but there’s no castle in sight,” said Petra. “All I see are lots of trees, and a doormat.”

1 comment:

  1. I know what that doormat is. :D
    Also, congrats on 20K and 42K!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...