Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Tea Party Blog Tag

Hello readers! Just popping in with my participation in the Notebook Sister's tag, which is about books and Alice and Wonderland and is in honor of their third anniversary of blogging. Congratulations to them!


1. Just Alice: What book cover(s) has made you super curious?

I'm not much of a cover person - in fact, I'm more likely to be turned off by the cover (as in the case of The Phantom Tollbooth and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe), than I am to be enticed by one. However, I did decide I wanted to read Molly Evangeline's books based heavily on her cover arts, particularly on the cover art of her second fantasy, Courage. 




2. Mad Hatter: List the craziest character(s) you've ever read.

Eh ... there was an old lady in the Rowan of Rin series by Emily Rodda that was pretty nuts. Can't remember her name for the life of my however. (It's not that I don't read about crazy characters, but I've read so many, they've all blurred together in my head)

Wait, no, I take that back, the craziest character I've read is the Green Witch in the Rhyme of the Willow trilogy by the Sullivan brothers. She was crazy

3. Red Queen, Off With Your Head! What book have you felt like beheading?

Usually when a book evicts this feeling from me, I don't finish it and forget I read it, so I'm pulling a blank here.

4. White Rabbit: What books or series have been insanely popular but you've been "late" to pick them up?

I'm always late to read popular books. (With the exception of Percy Jackson, but I didn't realize it was popular until I finished the original series). I didn't read The Hunger Games until after the first movie came out, I haven't read Twilight or Harry Potter (nor do I plan to) and I was far too late in reading the Narnias. (And don't give me the excuse that I wasn't born when it was published. I ignored - nay, shunned - it on my bookshelf for years before my mom made me read it.)

5. Caterpillar: What's the most confusing book you've read?

Star Seed ~ Life ~. That was a weird book. First of all, the main character was unintentionally time travelling, and secondly, it was told in first person, and there were two chapters told in first from two other character POV's - without warning.

6. Dormouse: What was the last book that sent you to sleep?

As with the books that I want to behead, if a book is putting me to sleep, I usually wander away from it, never go back to it, and forget it existed.

7. Cheshire Cat: Book that made you laugh and smile?

Cinderella Theorem comes to mind, as it's the one that I most recently finished. I honestly hadn't believed that anyone besides Doranna and I would think to put math with fairy tales. I was wrong.

8. Knave of Hearts: Most recent character who stole your heart?

Ah .... eh ... Kaden from Resistance. I wish I had a twin brother like him ...

9. Jabberwocky: Best villain you've read this year?

The emperor in Resistance. He seemed so nice until you went against him.

10. Down the Rabbit Hole: What's the latest book/series/author that's completely swallowed your interest?

Resistance. I read an ARC for review, and let me tell you, the next book can't come fast enough. (Except that I want Jaye to make sure that King's Scrolls is as well edited as possible)

Now, this has me thinking ... what shall I do for my fifth anniversary of blogging come July ... I'm going to have to make it good ...

5 comments:

  1. Courage does have an intriguing cover! I really want to read it now (I guess that was the point). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun tag to read!
    Oooo, five years, that's quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you're coming up to your 5th anniversary? *looks at Kendra in awe* AWESOME. Thanks so much for linking up with us!!! I grew up on Narnia, listed to the audios like all. the. time. They were my favourites. I'm super late with Percy Jackson myself, actually. I've only read one book. >.< I plan to fix that ASAP, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever way to conduct a Blog Tag--doing each question as if a character was asking it. Fun, fun!

    QUOTE: "...what shall I do for my fifth anniversary of blogging come July ..."

    Traditionally, the fifth anniversary is celebrated with wood, if that's any help.... *Shrug*

    God bless, and happy writing (and reading!),
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see how one of the other girls phrased her answers - now that was fun!

      Hmmm ... wood. I shall have to incorporate that somehow. (And since my third anniversary of being a published author is only twelve days after my blogoversary, It's going to be good.)

      Delete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...