Saturday, July 14, 2012

Actually Finishing Something in July 2


Round two of the Actually Finishing Something in July Challenge hosted by Katie.

My goal was to do a personal edit of Do You Take This Quest?

Be truthful. How has the first week-and-a-half of your personal writing challenge progressed?

Well, I haven't been able spend as much time editing as I would have liked, but I at least got some editing done.

Did you reach your weekly goal or wordcount?

I didn't really have a goal, but I did fix a slew of awkward wordings, and I have halfway gotten through this one scene that needs a complete rewriting.

Are you finding it easier to work with a goal in mind? Or does it make you nervous and even less inclined to get the work done?

I do work better when there is a challenge. I've actually been able to keep myself out of my other in-progress stories that would otherwise distract me. Mostly.

Did you do most of your writing in the morning, afternoon, or evening? When do you like to write?

Evening. I'm a night owl. It's also when all my younger siblings have gone to bed and I can concentrate better, and talk to my mom over plot issues.

What music has been inspiring you to write?

I don't listen to music while writing very often. Sometimes I put in some Mozart, though, and sometimes my younger siblings have some sort of singalong movie going.

Share a snippet of your writing!


Suddenly, there was a yelp, Madeleine recognized it at once as belonging to Robin and turned to run so she could investigate. However, instead of running, she fell over. The only reason she didn’t fall flat on her face was that Samson managed to catch her.
“Are you all right, Maddie?” asked Samson, helping her up.
She felt her cheeks grow warm. “Yes, I’m fine,” she said, then smiled ruefully. “I just forgot that I have to move my feet in order to go anywhere.” Then she ran after the yelp, this time remembering to move her feet. Samson wasn’t far behind.


- From Chapter 4 "AWAKE!!"



Share your favorite "Ah-HA!" writing moment. Have you written anything that made you sit back and think, "Okay, this is awesome," during the last week and half?

No, haven't had any of those this week.

Any problem spots, scenes that are proving hard to work, or characters giving you grief? If so, how did you overcome these obstacles?

Yes, the scene that needs a complete rewriting. Robin's giving me issues. No, I haven't figured it out yet.

Share your favorite line said by a character during this week-and-a-half of writing.

“Share chase?” 
That's Doranna. If you've read Sew, It's a Quest, you'll understand. What she meant was stair case.

How are you going to move forward in this challenge? It's been little more than a week-and-a-half since the start (July 4th). Are you changing your wordcount or page goal for this coming week?

I'll continue plowing, just as I have been doing ... no changes to my goal, just get these troublesome scenes that need rewriting rewritten, and remove all of the awkward wordings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...