Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Actually Finishing Something In July 3


Round Three of the Actually Finishing Something in July Challenge hosted by Katie. I am doing a personal edit for Do You Take This Quest?

You’ve little less than a week left in the challenge. Now that the end is in sight, do you think you’ll finish your goal?

Actually, I'm not sure. I've done quite a bit of editing, though, and the story looks tons better already. Or, at least, I think it does ... 

For me, the last week and a half has been so chaotic that I’ve hardly had the time to sit down, let alone write. How have you balanced life’s craziness with your writing goals? Late night writing? Scribbling down a few lines while waiting in the grocery check-out line?

Actually ... I'm not sure ... but there have been days that I have pulled up the document, but when I close it at the end of the day, I don't have to save it because I didn't change it at all.

Have your written mostly in computer programs such as Word, or do you prefer scribbling in notebooks?

This story was written in Word. I like doing both, though. I'll often do a initial writing to get the feel of a story in a notebook, then rewrite it on my computer.

Have any new characters jumped into your story? If so, tell us about them!

Not this month ... although I did discover that Mordreth is Arthur's uncle! And I did find a character that I had lost ... I mean, I changed scenes, and when I got back ... I couldn't find him! I had to call in my mom to help. She found him. He'd been standing there the whole time. He just ... was being very quiet.

Share a snippet of your recent writing.

Robin whirled back around, her mouth formed into an angry ‘o’ that threatened a snappy retort. Then her eyes met with those of Eric’s, and she calmed visibly. “That would be nice,” she said in a somewhat polite voice. “Could you please tell me where he is?”
“Well, based on where Rosamond fell asleep and the fact that they will likely now seek out her parents, they should be somewhere in …” Madeleine considered for a second, then said, “Well, why don’t you just follow me?”
From Chapter 6 "To Stay or not To Stay"


Sometimes the most mundane, simple of things can spark one’s creativity. Have you come across anything, simple yet special, in your daily life, inspiring you to write?

I'm not sure ... I probably have, but I can't call anything off the top of my head right now.

Any pictures, images inspiring bits of your story?

Here's a working Cover Art:


Introduce us to the antagonist in your story and tell us his favorite dessert.

Mordreth. He's Arthur's uncle ... currently I'm calling him the vizier ... but that may change. Anyways, he's only in the first two chapters of Do You Take This Quest? He'll be more prominent in book 3. His favorite dessert ... um ... cake? I don't know!

Pick, from all of your July writing, your favorite three lines said by your characters.

“Now can we have friendly introductions?”
- Madeleine. This happens to be the third time she's asked.

“Thyme.”
- again, Madeleine. Thyme is actually a crucial part of the plot.

“Uh, hello, Robin,” 
- Robert, Robin's twin brother.

Any advice for your fellow writers as we reach the final stretch of this challenge?  

Just ... Keep ... Typing!
Or scribbling in your notebook if that's what you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...