Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - Pumpkin Cookies.

1 cup shortning
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
(When I made these I had a larger can of pumpkin, so I also added some oats to thicken it up. Mom also said that they needed cloves)

In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin. Combine flour, peaking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 min or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...