Friday, June 19, 2015

Let there be Water and Fire

Greetings fair peoples of the internet. Today's the day ye all have been waiting for. No, not the chapter list. Alas, and alack, but this book did not get chapter headings. Didn't need them so I didn't force the issue. (Have to keep my readers guessing, after all.)

Instead, I'll share the evolution of the cover art! In reverse order, because that's how my computer uploaded them, and I don't feel like rearranging them.


This is, by the way, the binder that contains the notebook draft of the book.



Can we not talk about how creepy Andrew's eyes are in this picture? Thank-you.
And for the record, the doll in these two covers is Nerissa - she was a plot element I threw out years ago ...



And now, for the moment you guys have all been waiting for - the cover art in all its glory!

Cover design by my cousin, Benjamin Ingalls, who doesn't have a website to my knowledge, but is related to Laura Ingalls Wilder. I think he did pretty good, yes?


Okay, done oohing and ahing? You can add the book to your goodreads shelf - or pick it up for kindle preorder. (Yes, I'm aware that Amazon doesn't have the official cover yet - I ran into some technical difficulties when I went to upload it last night.) Today and tomorrow only, it's just $2.99.


Also, the cover will be featured on a number of blogs over the course of today - some of whom took up my offer to interview me and/or Clara and Andrew. I highly recommend checking them out - there were some great questions asked.

Scattered Journal Pages




You can go ahead and steal this button to stick on your sidebar - link it to my blog, or specifically to this page. I'm still hammering out details for what I want to do for the tour, but I have an ARC sign-up form posted. (And betas, go ahead and link up if you plan to review, so I can keep track of you.)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I unofficially joined your fun. :)

    https://writtenrest.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/water-princess-fire-prince/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing the progression of covers... I like the incorporation of the waterfall and firefall in early ones!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...