Friday, December 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I have decided to do thankful Thursdays.

I didn't, however, know what I was going to write about today until about fifteen minutes ago when one of my younger cousins ran in the house with the exclamation of "Kendra, your package is here!"

I didn't know I was getting a package.

Let me back up here. A few months ago, I entered a Haiku contest, on a site called http://thedeliberateagrarian.blogspot.com/. After it finished, I didn't look very hard at it, and didn't think I won.

Actually, I did.

I won first place in the teen category. My prize was a set of two Pie Irons. They're for cooking sandwiches and other things over a campfire.


I'm thankful for them. They are so cool!!


Oh, and I just learned that today is Friday.

Well, I'll have to get on a better schedule.

Anyways, here's the winning haiku

Chopping tomatoes
Straight from the garden outside
I'll do peppers next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...