Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - Pancakes.

I love pancakes. This is the recipe I use when I make them, although I usually triple or quadruple it.

1 egg
1 c. flour
1 c. keifer (Buttermilk works, too)
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. shortening, vegetable oil, or coconut oil
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Some sort of flavor (I usually use vanilla) to taste.

Beat egg until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. (oh, and if you're using a cast iron griddle, make sure it's already heating before you start beating up your ingredients. Oh, and make sure you add the keifer to the batter BEFORE the flour and the egg have completely been beat in ... if you don't - it's not pretty.)
Grease griddle. To test if hot enough, sprinkle a few drops of water on the griddle. If bubbles skitter around, heat is just right.

For each pancake, take the ladle that comes with silverware sets (you know, small ladle) and spoon it onto the griddle. Experiment to see how much batter you like to use. Cook pancakes until puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook until golden brown.

Enjoy!

Next week: Syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...