Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm ba-ack!

On Sunday ... if thou wilt remember ... my hard drive told me that it was failing.

And, so, I bid all of thee adieu, not knowing when I would get my beloved computer back, or how much of said computer would be the same.

And then a family friend who specializes in computers swooped in and picked up my computer and took it away to his house to see what he could do.

I had it back in twenty-four hours!

And the only thing missing (that I can find so far) is the message that kept showing up that was telling me that the hard drive was failing.

I'm so happy!!!!!

He says that, because I have a computer with Windows 7, it is equipped with something called SMART (it's an acronym, but I forget what it stood for) which will warn me up to 5 days in advance to something big failing (like the hard drive). Because  it hadn't failed yet and lost all my info, he was able to mirror the info onto a new hard drive and, wala! I have my computer back.

On that note, I think I share a pic of the cape V made me.


It is so warm and cozy. And ... it's ...

GIRAFFE PRINT!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad, too! It is horrible when computers decide not to work.

    Cool cape!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...