Thursday, July 31, 2014

CE Backyard - Bark, Ivy, and Aoril

Via Pinterest
It's been raining off and on today, and I've been emptying my room to make room for the loft bed I bought.

I'm making a mad dash for the other house to get out of the rain when I'm attacked. Without warning, I'm on my back in the wet weeds, with a pair of wild brown eyes boring in to mine. I try to swallow, wondering what mad person has attacked me and why.

"Fun!"

The girl draws back, and I can see her cropped brown hair, brown scale dress and leggings, and brown fingernails.

"What are you doing here, Bark?" I ask, sitting up.

"Fun!"

I'm slammed to the ground again, and this time the eyes boring into mine are green.

"Hello, Ivy."

"FUN!!"

And she's now off of me. I sit up, rubbing my ears and cautiously get to my feet. The two girls are now roughhousing with each other. Right now, Ivy, with her long black hair, green and black scale armor, and green fingernails, is on top.

"How in Rintaria did you two get here," I mutter, shaking my head.

"They wanted to see you. Someone mentioned you were fun."

I turn to see a man who, despite his young appearance, was gray-haired. His fingernails were the same shade of gray, and he wore silver scale armor. His eyes are brown.

I dip my head in respect. "It's good to see you, Aoril. How did you get here."

"Our Len said they could come visit while Stardrana is at the castle recovering from healing Wendi," he explained. "I came to keep an eye on them."

"I see. I think Stardrana will recover quickly, if the scene can get written," I observe. "Your Len is facing that nasty thing called writer's block."

"She's mentioned, that's why she said we could come see you. I believe it's time for us to get back. Girls!"

Both jump up and run over to him, nearly knocking him off balance with the force of their hug. "Fight!" they chorus.

"Yes, girls, we need to get back to the fight. It was good speaking with you, Anka Kendra."

"And you, too, Winddancer."

"In this form, you need only call me Aoril."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...