Saturday, July 26, 2014

Party Game - Red Rover

Red Rover, Red Rover, let Kendra come over ....

Via Pinterest
Red Rover. One of the most violent games a kid can play.

Well, this is a blog party, and we won't be as violent ... unless you chose to be.

Instead of kids running across the yard and slamming into each other, we're going to do book characters. Have you ever been reading a book and wondered "hey, if this character from this book had just been here, everything would have been much better!" I know I do it a lot, so I'm guessing that there are other people.

So that's what we're doing today. You are going to rewrite a scene from a book (it could be one of yours or someone else's) with a character from one of my books showing up and throwing everyone off kilter. Or you can rewrite a scene from one of my books and have another character (again, it could be yours or someone else's) showing up and throwing everyone off.

You can either post your story in the comments, or you can post it on your blog and leave me a comment with a link to it.

At the end of the party, I will draw the name of a random participant in this game - and they'll get to read what my mom wrote about this world - and I'll toss in my own opening chapter! (Which won't be posting today because it's still in a notebook ... but I will type it up and send it to the winner of this drawing.)

Oh, and don't forget, you can still play games from previous days! Currently, Kiri Liz is the only one entered to win for Rizkaland, and we can't let her walk away with all of the doorprizes, now can we? I thought not. Go toss some plot bunnies.

Also, Friday's game will involve me pairing you guys up for your writing assignment, so I'd appreciate emails volunteering for it!

1 comment:

  1. I would so do this (it certainly looks like a lot of fun!) but I'm working on too much already. But I felt sad for it because there isn't one comment, so here I am. Maybe if I happen to get a spare minute somewhere, I'll do one up real quick.

    the writeress || barefoot in the snow

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...