Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Things about Kingdom

My internet was not being nice last night, and then my brain was scattered all this morning. As a result, this post is on the late side.


So, basically, I haven't talked that much about the trivia and plot of Kingdom, so I've decided to change that.

- Robin list comes up a few times, and she manages to mark some things off.

- Robin and Robert discover a few more facets of their gifts.

- My favorite chapter would be chapter six, which involves Robin, Arthur, and swords. I also really like four, because Robin and Eric are just so sweet in that chapter.

- The diary entries in Do You Take This Quest are referred to and explained at the end of Kingdom.

- I'm really not sure why this book gave me such trouble. The characters themselves behaved beautifully. The book just didn't want to get written.

- There was a whole dream sequence planned for between chapters 10 and 11 where the whole cast turned into animals. It didn't get written, indeed, it's what tripped me up in the first draft, but I think you might find the animals I'd picked out interesting.
Robin: A red horse
Eric: A large St. Bernard dog
The old man: A lion
Shira: A white dragon
Samson: A yellow canary
Madeleine: A mink
Solomon: An orangutan
Serendipity: An owl
Casperl: An eagle
Doranna: A parrot
Dick and Theo: Herons
Vernon: A beaver
Robin Hood: A wolf
Maid Marian: A swan

- At one point in the writing, I had three different opening chapters, but wasn't sure which one I wanted to use.

- They're all still there, but the one I wrote came up with last is the first one in the book.

- I actually only wrote through to chapter 9 in the notebook. I typed the rest because the notebook was falling a part and I suddenly had more computer time than I used to.

- There isn't much pun presence in this book. There was so much going on, I didn't have time to have them show up. 

- I wanted to bring in the Cloud Sprites Echo and Zephyr in this book, but it didn't happen. They're two of the more interesting of the sisters, Zephyr being the onlyonewhotalkslikethis, as ... apposed ... to ... this, and Echo is based on the Greek myth.

And I'll leave you guys with that, since this post really needs to go up.

Stops on the tour today:

However Improbable: Guest Post - Necessary Elements of Arthurian Retellings, where I tell you the seven items that are required to make your Arthurian Legend great.
Author Blog of E. Kaiser Writes: Author Interview, Where we indulge in a philosophical discussion about fairy tales.
Author Blog of Jenelle Schmidt: Book Review: Sew, It's a Quest, Where she confirms that the book does not have a cliff hanger, despite what you may think.

And, also, I have FIVE books free today, though today's the last day to pick up The Ankulen if you don't have it already.

The Ankulen

And Kingdom itself is just 99 cents (I checked this time.)


So treat yourself to a lovely little adventure and get all of my books today for just 99 cents! What could be a better deal?

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the new blog background! It's gorgeous.
    Second of all, I love the animals you chose to go with your characters! I'm giggling over Vernon the Beaver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I spent ... I'm not sure how long the day before yesterday getting all of the colors correct. My tablet wasn't liking the one I had, so I decided to update it.

      Eric as a St. Bernard's my favorite.

      Delete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...