Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Looking Forward to Bookania.
Sitting next to me as I type this post is a list of titles. The titles of future Bookania Quests.
Some of these titles I'm really looking forward to writing ... and I'm going to share the reasons here, starting with book 4.
4. I'm looking forward to writing this book because I finally show Eric's big weakness, a character mentioned in Take shows up, and Willy Hood (Robin Hood's eldest son) is likely going to be one of my main POV's (Point of View).
5. This was my original book 2, and I'm looking forward to writing this one because I get to introduce a character mentioned in Sew, and this is the first book where I get to write about my FCE (Favorite Character Ever). And she get's the first of her two pets.
6. I'm looking forward to this one because it's the first one where I toss in Shakespeare. A greek myth, Cinderella, and pirates also make their appearances ... oh, and the FCE gets her second pet. And her first knife.
7. This book will star Push au Kim. 'Nuff said.
8. Everything changes in this book. Everything. And then it goes back to normal.
9. Robin will finally encounter a dragon, but she won't get to fight it.
10. My FCE and her cousin will run away from home and have lots of exciting adventures. At the end of it, she'll be told that next time they'd better ask permission before running away again. Oh, and there will be little people in this book.
11. This book will explore the workings of the fairies!
12. My FCE will make a new best friend ... and have to travel to some very scary places to keep her.
13. The first quest that the FCE and her little brother will go on together. Just the two of them.
14. A revisit to book 8. Everything will change again!
15. I will do something very interesting with Robin and Eric, and I will discover a long-lost castle. Oh, and bug bite ointment.
16. This was actually the third book that I started plotting. This one will involve another Greek myth ... and Arthurian legend!
17. This one will deal with a king whose identity no one knows, and a pair of twins whose gifts are based on a riddle I read once.
18. My FCE's cousin will run away from home again. This time on her own. And I'll toss in St. George and the Dragon with a very different spin.
19. Tunnels. Secrets. Spells. Poisoned drinks. Dancing ...
20. I'll show up in this book!
21. I take a fairy tale that has three different versions and use all three. I've actually written this one's ending. I just need to figure out how it begins!
There are others that haven't received their official place and/or title, including one where I mix Six Swans and Swan Lake, and one where two little girls discover that they're identical twins and that they were stolen away from their parents because of spite. Oh, and the one with The Little Mermaid and Atlantis. That one will be fun ... And the one with a fox. I love my fox. He's so clever.
So yes, there is a lot of Bookania left to look forward to!