Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nutcracker Advent Day 8

Today I do not have a nutcracker at all, but a Clara. She actually has a nutcracker partner somewhere, but I couldn't find him for the purpose of these pictures, so I've had to leave him out.

You may notice that this Clara is missing her arms. She actually used to have two of them, but you see, my mom used to be really into making soap. Not from scratch of course, but melting down the blocks into molds that look cute.

And she loved putting stuff into the molds (used less soap that way), such as glitter, frogs, marbles ... and a nutcracker and Clara. But Clara had skinny arms ... so when I used up enough of the soap to get her out, she didn't come out cleanly, and left the arms behind.

But she's not one to complain, and her nutcracker loves her just the same despite the loss ... or at least he used to. I hope that's not the reason he disappeared ...

1 comment:

  1. Dear me! Poor Clara--what a terrible handicap.

    Perhaps her faithful Nutcracker has gone off to buy her some new arms as a Christmas present. Yeah, that's it....

    God bless,
    ~"Tom"~

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...