Friday, December 20, 2013

Nutcracker Advent Day 20

While I was never able to acquire the official Nutcracker/Prince Eric Ken, I did manage to get the McDonald's version in my Happy Meal. I also managed to collect the Clara ... but I couldn't find her for the purpose of this picture, so we'll have to do without. You saw the real deal yesterday, and she's much prettier.

And for people's information, Prince Eric of Winthrop's name did not come from the Barbie-ized version of Nutcracker. Nor did it come from the Little Mermaid (though I must admit that they look similar enough to be cousins ...) It actually came from my mom's attempt to give him a manly name ... and she came up with Arraclee (You know, think Hercules). Later when I brought up his name in a conversation, she declared it dumb and morphed it into Eric Lee. My mom does that sort of thing a lot.

And there's only five days until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did the year go? Honestly, I haven't made a single Christmas present (other than the fact that I'm going to have several free books, just a heads-up), nor have I been able to put up a tree other than the tiny one in these pictures. I went on a tree hunt yesterday, and couldn't find the nice big one that we used to have. I wasn't very happy. I need my tree fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...