Friday, October 31, 2014

Midnight Word Wars

If you're like me, you're still awake, fingers poised to begin NaNo so you can get your coveted head start. And, again, if you're like me, you find that you write better when there's a word war involved.

So that's what this post is for. Word wars. I'm turning off moderation (AND CAPTCHA, I'M LIVING DANGEROUS!!!!) until tomorrow morning so ... war away!

First off, let me know what you're writing!

As I believe I've stated a few times, my novel is Water Princess, Fire Prince, the first book of a series. I'm actually rewriting the book - and this is my first book that I'm going Rebel on. There are already 30,000 (exactly) words sitting in the document.


(That's not how the scene is going to go anymore, but I still love this picture.)

When the Lady Dragon does come,
Hold fast, do not fear, do not run.
The Water Princess will fight,
Fire Prince shall set all to right.
Each shall come from a Fall.
Their union shall save you all.


My NaNo username is Kendra E. Ardnek, so if you're into that, feel free to buddy me. I'll add you back as soon as I get my tablet to an internet where NaNo isn't blocked.


The first word war will start at exactly 12;00 (Central) and will run ten minutes. We'll see how it goes from there.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if anyone is here with me, but I'm starting. See you in ten minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I got 314 words to start me out, my last sentence being: Wordlessly, she approached the wall, and selected a second sword of similar weight to the one she had been given.

      I'm almost done with Clara's part of the story. I'd like to be able to turn the meter red when I update it tonight, so it's back to writing for me!

      Delete
  2. And I have 891 words with which to start NaNo - and I'm in the red! I'm going to bed tomorrow. Remind me, and I'll be back in the morning to post the Character Encounter for the month.

    The moderation is still off though, so if there's anyone who wants to gather here and do word wars, feel free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! There is still 11 minutes before midnight where I live... To stay up, or not to stay up, that is the question. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, sorry no one joined you, Kendra! I was up at midnight my time (Eastern), but I was in bed. And it was kind of accidental. I was not up at midnight your time, though. :) I wrote the first 350-ish words of my NaNo novel from 12:00-12:30. Yay for us! (I was tired yesterday, though, after pushing for a 4k day...so I was super glad for the extra hour of sleep the end of daylight saving's time gave me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love word wars... but I saw this too late... too busy NaNo'ing, prepping for NaNo, and doing a multitude of other Non-NaNo things so I could get to NaNo. :) I'm Resterwen on the NaNo site.

    Wow - this comment is overloaded with too many NaNos. I must be NaNo'ed out.

    In other news, I finally read Sew, It's a Quest the other day. Very much enjoyed it. Review should be coming shortly...when NaNo craziness recedes. :)

    Oh yeah...I was going to let you know what I was writing. Promise's Prayer: Kaelan is called upon to save the land of Taerna from the corruption of pleasure and lawlessness in accordance with a promise made to his mother and return the land to the knowing of Adon Olam. Carita has what the land needs, but she finds herself inhibited by fears, hesitations, and her lack of position and influence. When secrets, surprises, mishaps, and unexpected circumstances confront each of them, can they - together or separately - fulfill the promise and save the country? Can they come to realize the true purposes and callings of Adon Olam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember right, I'm already buddied with you - I'll check next time I get onto my aunt's wifi. (It's blocked on my own for ... reasons involving the forums). We can always war again another day though! (Warring's fun!)

      I'll look forward to the review! Glad to hear you liked it!

      And your book idea sounds lovely! I'm dealing with a similar concept (returning a land to the worship of God) in two of my WIP's (one of them being Bookania, to tell the truth). It's very fascinating.

      Delete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...