Monday, October 13, 2014

Kingdom is Coming!

Yesterday, at 7:49 PM, I wrote the last words of My Kingdom for a Quest. 

*Cue fireworks.*

I've already contacted my cousin about the cover art, and I hope to do a reveal in December - haven't settled on a day, let me think on this.

I'm extremely satisfied with how the book came together. It's not as long as I had planned, but it's not because I ran out of story, but rather, when I rewrote it, the scenes stretched longer than they had the first time around (something that happens frequently with me) and I didn't want to write a book twice the length of Sew, so I took out Casperl's half of the story. Don't worry though, it'll be receiving it's own ... I'm not sure what to call it yet, but its title will be Quest for the Quince. It won't be an official book in the series, since I don't think it'll be that long, but rather book 3.5, or something like that.

The book amounted to about 40,000 words, just over the length of Sew, It's a Quest, though, interestingly enough, because it ended up with just twelve chapters (Averaging 3,000 to 4,000 words apiece, compared to the 1,000 to 2,000 word average of Sew), it's amounted to fewer pages. And yes, it's already formatted, (yay!) so I know.

Anyways, I intend to let it sit for the month of November, while I NaNo my heart out,and then I'll plunge into editing. And yes, I'm interested in beta readers, but to apply, you must have written a review somewhere for both of the two previous books. Doesn't matter where, or how long the review is, but I want proof that you read both ;). I'll send it out in December, after I give it a first combing.

For right now, the target release date (which I'm very confident about) is February 14th. Valentine's day. All's fair in Love and War, you know.

Bookania fans, this is a book you won't want to miss, especially if you're a fan of Robin and Eric. I know it was supposed to Arthur's book, but Robic kinda stole the spotlight for ... about half the book. (And yes, I use a shipping name for my own characters. I have several ... Sameleine ... Clarand ... Ruetra ... Arthira ...you get the idea ...) Robin has ... become comfortable with herself in this book, though she does have her moments, and I really enjoyed writing with her.

Now, onto NaNo plans.

Since I don't have editing to contend with, you'd better believe that I'm going to be participating in my favorite national holiday. This'll be my fifth year (scary thought, now that I think about it), and in celebration of that fact, this'll be my first year to go rebel. I'm not going to start a new novel. Instead, I'm going to keep plowing through on Water Princess, Fire Prince, which I've been writing for 100-4-100. So far, I'm rather pleased with the story. I'm telling it completely differently than I did the last few times I attempted writing it.

Instead of, like before, I would flop back and forth between the two of them at an almost dizzying speed, I'm separating their stories until they meet each other in part 3. First I'm telling Clara's story in part one, then I'll focus on Andrew in part two. This means that (1), I can't prop their stories on each other and (2) Clara and Andrew can actually stand on their own before they must rely on each other.

I'm currently sitting at 8,000 words, and I'm only on the morning of Clara's second day in Klarand. It's about to start skipping over time, but pleased with the wordcount, as the last time I reached this scene (on the computer) I was at roughly the same amount of words, and Andrew's scenes were scattered in there. In the notebook, I ... can't tell you the number off the top of my head, but it wasn't nearly as high.

So, there's my accomplishments and ambitions, now on to greater, grander things!

8 comments:

  1. Yay!!! This is GREAT news, Kendra! Congratulations!!! I'm very much looking forward to it's release!! Especially Robin and Eric and Arthur. :)

    I told my family you had finished the book and were looking at a Valentine's Day release and they are very happy.

    I'd love to beta, but I'll have to see how busy I am in December. (By Dec. I will definitely have reviews posted of both Sew and Take.)

    Best wishes on your NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be getting quite a few totally adorable Robin and Eric moments, as well as some great scenes with Arthur. Robin actually likes cousins, so once she gets over the whole "he looks just like Robert" which doesn't take long once she realizes why, she kinda takes him under wing and ... intimidates him a bit, though I don't think she's trying to.

      You'll have until the 23rd of January to get your betaing back to me, if that makes you feel any better.

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! That's so exciting, Kendra!

    ~Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations, Kendra! That's amazing! I'm so happy for you! And to have it formatted already too! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually typed it out of the notebook directly into a formatted document (deleting Take as I went ... don't worry, the actual Take is still safe if I want to access it again, I made a new document.) There are a few finer details that I still need to take care of, but they're better done once I'm almost done editing.

      Delete
  4. Hurrah! *Fireworks* *Confetti* Congratulations on finishing yet another book!

    *Raises hand* I'll be a beta reader! You left me hanging at the end of Take, and I want to find out The Rest Of The Story. ;-)
    ...which reminds me that I promised you a review on my door-prizes, ain't it? *Halo*

    Best wishes with NaNo, too. I like your idea of giving Clara and Andrew their own parts before combining their stories. It makes sense for Clara especially (from what I understand of her), as she seems an independent sort of person. Erm...that sounded better in my head....:-P

    God bless, and happy writing!
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just get a review up of Take and I'll add you to the list. I think you'll be quite pleased with the rest of the story ;)
      And yes, I'm eagerly awaiting that email. You're the only one, besides my mom and myself, to read it, and to know what it's actually about, so. Yeah.

      I actually did the split more for Andrew. As you said, Clara is a very independent person, and even though they hadn't even met yet, his story was hiding behind hers, even though it could actually be the stronger one. (Though I'm not entirely looking forward to it. I have never actually written an all-male cast for more than a scene at a time, and there are no girls in Andrew's half of the story. At all. I need to do some serious character devellopment on the men in his party, since currently, only Karlos and Abraham have names and personality, and I am mentally running around screaming and saying "NO, I'M NOT READY" and it's not a pretty sight. Moving on though.)

      But ... yeah. If all goes well with the writing of WP,FP, I'm hoping for an early 2016 publication, perhaps sooner, if it goes really well. (This is the second draft after all, and my second drafts tend to be cleaner.) And I'm hoping to have book two of the series ready soon after that. (It's on its sixth draft, and it's my baby story, so it'll behave.) So ... I just need to hunt down cover arts.

      Delete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...