1. What are some of your favorite period drama movies?
At the moment, I'll say the BBC David Copperfield is my favorite, but, truth be known, I haven't seen enough to form a list of favorites.
(Gasp - isn't this the person who's a die-hard classics fan? No, that's my character, Clara, who's also a die-hard "the movies always ruin the books" person. Of course, I don't watch very much TV, since I don't have the time for it. When I do watch, I prefer DVD's that I can stick into my computer and watch at x1.5 speed)
2. Do you have a craft you enjoy (knitting, sewing, cross stitch?)
I love knitting and crochet - I even have my own knitting business if you would like to scroll down to the bottom of the page and examine the Facebook links. I dabble in cross stitch, and I occasionally attempt sewing by hand, but I have long since discovered that the sewing machine goes too fast for me.
3. If you went camping would you take a camper or a tent?
I've done both, and I really don't have a preference.
4. Have you ever written a book?
Yep. And then I published it and wrote another ... and another ... and another. I like writing books.
5. Have you ever read a book more then once?
(Firstly, the grammar police in me would like to point out that it's than, not then)
Yes, I have. Mostly the books that are on my personal shelves. However, I only reread my favorite parts, so I have never read a book straight through more than once.
6. Which historical figure would you like most to meet?
Ehh ... why do people ask such questions??? Maybe Mulan. I would like to know her real story.
7. Which historical figure do you imagine you are most like?
I used to think I was a second Laura Ingalls Wilder, but now ... oh, I don't know. I'm someone.
8. Do you have a favorite band/ singer?
I like the Isaacs, a Family Christian Bluegrass band - I've even been able to listen to them live - TWICE!!!
9. Which holiday is your favorite?
I'm not a huge fan of holidays. I mean, it's all build-up ... and then it's over. Not that I don't like them, they're fun ... I just wish they wouldn't become over.
10. If you were accidentally locked in a building for the night, what building would you like it to be?
Why, the Library, of course!
11. Do you have any nick names?
Plenty of them. Buglet, Ladybug, Kenj, Elsie, Jump rope, that crazy girl ... as long as you don't call me Ken, I'm fine.
1. Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64? (Beatles song... not something creepy).
Uh ... I really don't know how to answer this question. Um ... Jump rope?
2. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I believe. Yes, it has been a long time since I last was in a movie theater.
3. If you could paint your room one color what would it be?
4. What would you do if you won $50,000 (and could keep it ALL without giving any of it to the government)?
I would first buy a really nice laptop with a touch screen, and I would get Microsoft Word back (NEW COMPUTERS DON'T COME WITH WORD!!!!!!) and maybe one of those voice dictation programs. Then I would buy a nice supply of my books, and be able to sell autographed copies. I would donate a large sum to Compassion (As it is, 25% of the royalties on my books goes to their clean water fund), and maybe get myself a sponsor child. I'd probably put the rest in the bank, to gather interest, and I can buy more books as I run out/publish more.
5. Do you know who Carol Burnett is?
6. Would you like a Jelly Baby? (See picture up above.)
(I don't feel like carrying over the picture from her blog ...)
Sure, if one is offered.
7. Do you have baby names picked out for when you get married and have kids?
8. If so, what are they?
Well, my first daughter will be named Timothea LeAnne, and my first son will be Richard William. After that, I don't really care.
9. What do you think classifies a classic as a classic?
If Clara will read it.
10. Are you reading more than one book right now? If so, how many?
(Thank you for using than instead of then!)
Yes, I am. At least four.
11. What books are you reading right now?
On my shelf is currently Tears of a Dragon and Gregor and the Code of Claw. I'm not reading them very fast, since they're both the last books of their series, and I don't want them to end. I'm also reading a book on my Android and one on my Kindle, but I forget which ones. And then there's a few books that I recently bought at are our library's annual book sale ...
1. What Cartoons do you like?
Blues clues ... Winnie the Pooh ... I don't know which others ... Dora the Explorer's fun ... (I have two younger siblings under the age of ten, most of what we watch is kid shows)
2 Do you like cats?
I can't say that I don't. They're better than dogs, that's for sure.
3. do you read lots of books at once or just one?
See the last two questions asked by Abby. Such describes my life.
4 Do you watch the Merlin show?
No, but it's one of the shows that I would probably watch if I did watch TV shows.
5. The Doctor Who show?
No, nor do I plan to. Although the old episodes sound intriguing ...
6. Sherlock show?
No again. I don't have access to TV shows, and my life is busy enough even without them.
7 Do you swim or sink like the Titanic?
8 do you have a real job? Is it scary?
I babysit for my aunts, if that counts. And, yes, it can be scary ... just me ... with all those precious little cousins who are about to drive me crazy ...
9 have you read Redwall? or any of the books?
Oh! Now I remember! Redwall is the book that I'm reading on my Android! I haven't gotten very far. Honestly, I find the concept intriguing, and I've read and loved several similar books, but I'm having trouble getting into it ...
10. Do you like picnics?
Sure! If they're at a picnic table.
11 do you like ants at picnics?
I would rather they not come.
And ... Melody's questions!
1. Have you ever ridden in a tractor? Or driven one?
My grandfather has a tractor, so I rode it quite often as a kid ... once he let me steer ... but he took it back when I was about to drive us into a pile of tires. I haven't been allowed the controls since.
2. Have you ridden a motorcycle?
Nope, I haven't. Several of the men at my church rides them, though.
3. What is your favorite national park?
Maybe Fossil Ridge in Texas ... is that a National park?
4. Who is your favorite Contemporary Christian Music artist?
This guy. I don't know who he is, but his music is free, his voice is great, and his theology is ... wow. Go, listen. I'll wait.
5. Mexican, Italian or Chinese food?
Despite the fact that China is going to be the villain of my League of Royals, I love Chinese food. I haven't had any since the last time I went to see the Isaacs, back in March, if I remember right ... my dad went on a mission trip to China as a teenager, so he knows a bit of Chinese. Listening to him talk to the workers is humorous. And it is against my religion to take out my silverware until dessert (because sometimes I get cake, and you can't eat cake with chopsticks)
6. Favorite type of cookie?
Why, a fortune cookie, of course!
7. Favorite fast food place to eat?
I'll go with Taco Bueno, the answering service for Taco Bell. (actually, they're both good, but I don't get Bueno as often, so it's more of a treat.)
8. Do you have a green thumb?
Not really ... but that doesn't mean I don't try! I actually have a nice little herb garden.
9. Do you prefer to write or type in a chair or at a desk?
Uhh ... I really don't see the difference ... I mean, you need a chair and a desk to type ... don't you?
However, I personally prefer my bed ... despite having four desks in my room. (We just moved my school desk into my room because we're rearranging the schoolroom)
10. How many states have you visited?
Over twenty ... but I'm not sure of the exact number, it has been a while since I last had a long trip.
11. What international capital city would you most like to see?