Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I have been Tagged again!

The Mad Elvish Poet has tagged me again with an eleven's tag, so I'll go ahead and answer the questions. Since Jack has also tagged all of her followers (which includes me) with the same tag, I'll do hers in one fell swoop.

(And weasel out of posting the "eleven random facts about me" part ;)

The Poet's Questions:

BBC or Kiera Knightly Pride and Prejudice?
I haven't seen the BBC version yet, but I'm not willing to put my complete stamp of approval on Kiera Knightly's version. It was good, I'll give it that, and I do like Kiera Knightly ... but until I've chased down and watched the BBC, I won't say either way.

Eowyn, Galadriel, or Arwen? Or, if you like, you can add Luthien and Nimrodel to the mix.
Uhhh ... I like all three pretty evenly. They're all wonderful in their own way. (And, unfortunately, I can't call the other two off the top of my head. It's been a while since I pulled the book off my shelf.

Fantasy or Sci-Fi? If Sci-Fi, Dystopian or straight up Sci-Fi?
Fantasy.

Mermaids or Faeries?
Sea Fairies.

Are you sick of 'or' questions?
Not yet. But I might if you keep asking them.

If you could have any color, style and type of hair you wanted, what would it be? (and no saying, 'I like my own.' nobody likes their own hair)
I'd like my hair to be longer and redder, but other than that, I have pretty much perfect hair. Honest! It's not so curly that it's impossible to brush, yet curly enough to be pretty. It's thick, but not too thick. Longer hair will come with time though ... but I'm still scheming up ways to turn it red 

Are you a dark/punk makeup person, a natural highlight person, or a who-gives-a-rat's-finger person?
I'm the person who has a box of eyeshadow in my room, but uses it to do face painting on the forth of July. True story!

Would you consider yourself quiet and shy, quiet and mysterious, loud and friendly, loud and annoying, or just a socialite?
I'm the person who'll sit on the side of the room until someone takes pity on me and then I'll talk their head off.

If you could go back in time, what time period would you go to?

Ooooh ... so many choices, so much history. I think I would like to go to Israel during the days that Jesus walked on earth.

Who is your favourite Doctor? If you have no answer, WHY HAVEN'T YOU SEEN DOCTOR WHO???

I have seen all of thirty seconds of Doctor Who in my entire life, and my opinion was ... creepy guy with glowing eyes is walking towards me. That does NOT look like the sort of TV show I want to watch, where's the cooking channel? I've since heard more about it, but we've also lost our cable since then, so the likelihood of me ever becoming a Whovian is pretty slim. Sorry, but that's just how it is. I don't watch much TV (and when I do, I like it to be a DVD. I can speed them up so I can watch them in half the time), and I'm picky about what I watch. I mostly watch the cooking channel. Oh, and the history channel if I see something interesting.

Besides, if I did become a Whovian, I have a certain character who would not be happy with me, since she holds to the firm opinion that her brother's the best doctor in the world (which he is) and therefore Doctor Who is a pretender. Honestly.

Did you cry at the Reichenbach Fall? Did you cry when Sherlock talked about the note, or when Watson gave his little heart-destorying speech?

I have not seen anything of the Sherlock TV series, for much the same reason that I don't watch the above. May I change the question to "Did I cry when he fell off the cliff in the books?" To that, I'll answer no. I just sat their stunned (as I had been listening to it) then I shook it off and shrugged. The author was dead, so there wasn't any chance of there being any new books anyways.

It wasn't until my Gma and Gpa got me a copy of The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes for Christmas last year that I discovered that Sherlock had escaped death. I'm acutally not sure what to think about that, though I have really enjoyed reading it.

Jack's Questions:

1. Do you collect sporks.
No, nor do I use them very often. However, I do like Dr. Hovind's spork collection ...

2. Would you be an author if you had to write with a quill and ink, or would you give up and become a knight instead?
I think I would still be an author, since I do enjoy writing with my calligraphy pen and ink. The only drawback is the fact that it's harder to correct mistakes.

3. Do you have a puppy?
I have a dog. She's an eight year old terrier mix. Not exactly a puppy, but ... anyways. Her name is Toffee, even though she's black. We got her for Halloween - the same day mom discovered our little brother. That was an interesting day.

On a completely unrelated note, my aunt, who lives just across the yard, has kittens ... lots of kittens.

4. Can I come play with it?
Sure, if you're willing to make the road trip.

5. What's your opinion of spiders.
As long as they're no more than three inches in diameter, and they aren't on my pillow or on the railing to our stairs, I'm good. They eat roaches, I hear.

6. Why do you think there's a debate between apples and oranges?
Uhh ... because people like to debate strange things?

7. Should chocolate have oranges in it, or should they be kept safely as oranges, and let chocolate be chocolate?
I don't really care. It tastes good either way.

8. Which British actor would you like to meet?
I actually haven't ever given this thought. It's not my life's aspiration to meet actors. Personally, I would like to meet C.S. Lewis, but I hear he's dead, so maybe I could meet his stepson instead.

9. Do you garden in January?
Not usually. My mom wanted us to this year but ... it didn't happen.

10. What would you do if green snowflakes fell?
First, I would make sure that they aren't a rare form of Oobleck, then I would build a green snowman.

11. Would you fight a one-handed troll?
Probably not. I suppose it wouldn't be as bad as a six-handed troll, but ... still. I'm not much of a fighter. I'm more one for the pen.



Now for my questions. Actually the first eight of these are from my mom (long story.)

1. Who is your favorite princess of all times?
2.  What is your favorite movie that originated as a book or literature dating prior to 1900?
3.  If you had to leave everything behind, what ten things/books would you put into your backpack. Assume no electricity.
4. Are you modern to the core, or would you prefer to live in another time? When? Why?
5. If you were given $100, how would you spend it?
6. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
7. If you were to visit me, what should I cook for supper?
8. What do you consider your best asset/talent?
9. If you have your own computer, does it have a name?
10. If you had full control, what would you name your first child (give both a girl's name and a boy's name)?
11. Dost thou have an accent? If not, how easy is it for you to fake one?

And for tagging ... (Sorry, I don't have eleven, but ...)
V. Kathie Ardnek.
Kiri Liz
Miss Melody Muffin
Rhoswen Faerie Wrose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...