Friday, August 17, 2012

Robin Shrunk!

We've been going through the heroes of faith of Hebrews 11 at our Wednesday night church things, and were at Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (They aren't mentioned directly, but they are the ones that come to mind with "Quenched the Violence of Fire") 

So we  made shrinkydinks.

Here are the ones I made


Wrong side of the Daniel in the Lions Den. I didn't draw this, it was one of the pre-drawns. I just colored and signed my name.


Here's the right side. Yes, I know my name is backwards, but that's the thing about shrinkydinks. The side you draw on is the wrong side.


After I colored Daniel and his lion friends and gave them to Mrs. J to bake, I decided to get a bit more creative. I got a piece of blank shrinkydink plastic and started drawing.



This is what came out. Yup. Robin. I just don't know what it is about her, but she's always getting me to draw her. There's only one character I have worse than her ... and she's ... well, I can't tell you about her yet. She's not born yet.

Anyways ... 

I'm quite pleased with how she came out. Despite the fact that Robin NEVER wears her hair down, I like how I managed to capture the motion with her hair. The sword came out pretty good too. And, actually, having her sword in her right hand works. Robin fights with both hands. Learned it from Inigo Montoya ... er ... I mean ... never mind.


On a completely unrelated note, you see that flower design on my thumbnail? My cousin Terri (the one mentioned in the acknowledgements of Sew, It's a Quest) sent us a box of stuff the other day - including a bottle of fine-tipped fingernail polish. 

EGGS!!!!!
Unfortunately, these only count as one.


Thanks Cousin Terri!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty paintings. (the eggs are nice too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg #4. Wow, safari eggs!

    Very nice shrinkydinks! Robin is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...