Thursday, September 29, 2016

CE AWANA - Ashna

Via Pinterest
Ah, AWANA. It was the highlight of my week, growing up. Now, I'm sitting in the fellowship room while my younger siblings attend. Nearby, my mom is tutoring a friend in her math, while I'm, as per usual, typing away at a story on my tablet.

Normally, I stay home and work on my computer, but I had a slight ride issue coming home from work this week, and ended up coming with.

"Hello, Kendra, how's the story coming?"

I glance up at the petite girl who sits down next to me, and a grin spreads across my face. "Hi, Ash. It's ... coming. Robert and Marie are breaking my heart right now."

"Why? They're so sweet together," Ashna - or Ashley, as she is now - asks, scrunching her nose.

"You'll find out," I answer, flicking off my tablet. "Well, in just a few weeks, you'll be a published character. How does that sound?"

"If it means that I'll get to go home again, I'm excited," she answers, tucking a bit of hair behind her subtly pointed ear. "As fascinating as your world is, Kendra, there's nothing like one's native world."

"Mm, I suppose so," I agree. I drum my fingers against the table. "Are you looking forward to seeing your father again?"

Her brow knits, but she nods. "And having my memories complete again. And I hope Sarah will come back, for Petra's sake."

"You believe that Sarah exists? Only Petra and Reuben can remember her," I prompt.

"I know far too well how easily memories can be meddled with," Ashley answers. "As adamant as Petra and Reuben are, I'm sure they remember something."

"Well, I need to get back to writing book 3," I wave her off. "And you'll find out about Sarah soon enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...