Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Five Reasons to Read Misfortune!


Friends! It's here! Misfortune, at long last!

It wasn't quite ready for the Golden Braids release, but I found another Rapunzel retelling to team up with, and it's been grand. I'll be posting a review of Diamond tomorrow, but for now let me tell you exactly why you need to run and pick up this book and read it IMMEDIATELY.

1. It's Rapunzel set in the book of Daniel. Not a 100% historical Daniel, as I've shifted a lot of things to work for my narrative, but more on that Sunday.

2. It's nearly nonmagical. I mean, there is a dragon, and there is a thing that happens at the end, but if this is too much for you, then I'm not sure how you read the Bible?

3. The poor heroine. The daughter of blood and misfortune - she was never even given the dignity of a name, and she's just such a broken little bundle of self-depreciation, and it huuuurt so much to write.

4. Delshad. Such a noble young man trapped in such an impossible situation. Does he obey his father? How is he supposed to save both his kingdom and the girl? Also, his mentorship from Misha was awesome.

5. You don't have to read the other Twists of Adventure to enjoy this one. Each book stands 100% on its own, and they're all twisted and awesome.

So, what are you waiting for, go pick up the book on Amazon today, and be sure to enjoy it!


Check out the rest of the tour:

May 13 
Kendra E. Ardnek – Five Reasons to Read Misfortune 
Kirsten Fichter – Diamond: The First Chapter 
Interviews: 
Reviews: 
Madi’s Musings – Misfortune 
Reality Reflected – Diamond

1 comment:

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...