Friday, August 9, 2019

Five Reasons to Read The Dragon's Flower

I can't believe it, but here we are on the last day of the Golden Braids release!


In the wilds of the mountainous country of Akiyama, there stands a pagoda. When Shichiro, an exiled, honorless samurai stumbles across it one rainy morning, he expects to find it empty and abandoned. He was not expecting to find a lonely princess with near-mythical blue eyes dwelling in the top floors. 

Hanako has dwelt alone for all her life, with only her two silent handmaidens and the countless dragon effigies on her walls to keep her company; her only knowledge of the outside world gained from the books and scrolls she reads. When the wandering ronin stumbles onto her haven, she gains her first friend, never knowing how deeply this chance meeting would affect her. 

The threads of fate have tied these two together, and all the while turmoil boils in the midst of the Seven Countries of Azuma-no-Kuni. Rumors of alliances and armies sprout up, and whispers of the long-lost Imperial Line returning at last. Old prophecies ripen at last, and old myths prepare to show themselves once again in the hour of need. Amongst it all stand two new allies—an isolated princess and a near-friendless ronin, as the wheels of fate and destiny circle them and draw ever closer. Will peace at last return to the fractured realms, or will remnants of the once great Empire splinter beyond all redemption?


I'm honestly feeling like a proud Grandma here, with all of these book babies loose on internet that I helped see the light of day, and this one most of all. I'm so proud of Wyn with this story, and I want all of you to read and love it as well.

1. It's my faaaavorite romance trope. I can't spoil it, but I was grinning like an idiot when it happened. Seriously, authors, you can pull this plot twist on me and I will continue to love it every single time.

2. I cannot belive Wyn's talent in translating a fairy tale from one culture to another, and still retaining everything that makes the fairy tale awesome. I saw it before in But One Life, but here, OH MY FREAKIN' WORD, it was awesome. The Dragon's Flower is 100% Japan-esuqe, and it's also 100% Rapunzel and I just can't even with it.

3. BROTHERS!!!! I love how sibling stories were such a focus with these Golden Braids, and this one might be my favorite. Shichiro's relationship with his older brother and younger sister was gold, and can I also shout out that adorable overprotective toddler big brothers are adorable? Eeeeep.

4. The Worldbuilding!!! I mentioned that it's medieval Japan-esque, but I just love how it combined Japanese mythos into a Christian Worldview. And the Fox was so much fuuuuuun.

5. It's just plain epic and awesome, kay? Go read it. Now. NOOOOOOW.



Author Bio:
Wyn Estelle Owens is the penname of a young woman who’s still figuring out what this whole ‘adult’ thing is all about. She lives in a big, old house in Maryland by a Hundred Acre Wood (dubbed Neldoreth) with her parents, three occasionally obnoxious brothers, her dog Jackie, and her rabbit Joker. She is fond of reading, writing, drawing, speaking in dead or imaginary languages, playing videogames, quoting classic or obscure literature, being randomly dramatic, and generally making things out of yarn. Her dream is to write stories that inspire people to chase after the wonderful world of storytelling. Her favorite all-time authors are Anne Elisabeth Stengl, Christa Kinde, and above all, J.R.R. Tolkien, who first inspired her to pursuing novel writing when she read the Hobbit at the age of seven.
Find her online at: 
Goodreads || Facebook 


Also, one last reminder to go check out the rest of the tour and sign up for the giveaway!   (I Mean, we can't have Kiri winning by DEFAULT, now can we? Also congratulations to Kiri for the release of her second book today. I need to read it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...