Monday, September 22, 2014

The Story of Notebooks Continued

A couple weeks ago I came to you with a collection of notebooks that I had purchased but wasn't sure what I wanted to write in them. You guys offered your suggestions based on my WIP list, and here are the results.



Blue went to Cayra, natrually. I haven't started writing it, but I'm looking forward to it.


I know that no one actually voted for this story, but it's been wanting me to write it. That blue stripe is supposed to represent a river. Rivers are an important part of the book.


With only one exception, everyone voted for pink to be To Perfect a Fairy Tale. To tell the truth, I've been a bit hesitant about this story, not being exactly sure where I'm going with it ... but I had a nice long conversation with my mom the other night, and now I'm REALLY excited to get this book written.


Wait, you don't remember there being a green? Well, I found some more of these notebooks at a different walmart the other day, so I picked up a few more. Unfortunately, I accidentally got wide ruled, but I'll live with it. Green went to the entire trilogy, because I don't see the books being very long. Haven't started writing them, though.


Ever since Kathryn submitted her version of this book's first chapter, I've been very excited to get back into Jessica's summer. I'm really pleased with how this cover came out. 


Fun fact: Because this notebook was too dark for permanent markers to show up on, this one is done in nail polish.



Why the wings in this picture? Well, you'll understand it once you read it. 


Also, nobody tried their hand at the treasure hunt, so nobody gets to read Woodcutter Quince. Oh, I guess it's just as well, since I've realized that there is a portion that I need to completely rewrite. One of Doranna's scenes. She needs more than internal monologue. I know what I'm going to do with it, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe tomorrow.

And, I set up a which character are you quiz for The Ankulen on Buzzfeed. Go try it out and let me know who you get!




I plan to do a Bookania Princess one next ...

5 comments:

  1. Oooo wonderful covers! I love that you put the name of the story on the notebook... that is SUCH a good idea.
    And I loved the quiz! I got Jen. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't get this fancy with the labeling, but since these were extra-nice notebooks, I decided to go the extra mile.

      Hi Jen! I got her, too!

      Delete
  2. I got Letisha. But since she was originally modeled after me I'm not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Jen on the quiz. Aside from never losing my imagination, I think I really am quite a bit like her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also received Jen as my quiz result. Somehow, I'm not surprised by that....

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...