Saturday, March 5, 2011

Green Eyes chapter 6

"This is Tante," explained Rynth, "And yes, Tante, I was able to rescue Cynth today. Now we can rescue the girl who doesn't belong here."

"I thought..." said Tante, almost reprovingly, then threw up her hands. "Well," she said, "What's done's done, I'd better back you two for the trip." She looked Cynth up and down, and Cynth noticed that her eyes were gray.

"Aren't you going with us?" asked Rynth.

"No," said Tante, "These old bones wouldn't last the trip. I would try to find some one to send with you two, but I don't know of anyone who I can trust to take you." Then, after some thought, she added, "Besides, I don't think I would be able to make it down this tree again. My joints are just too stiff."

For the first time, Rynth looked unsure of herself, then she sucked in a deep breath.

"Well," she said, "Guess that means we'll go without you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...