Friday, August 15, 2014

Awesome Dragon Tag

A few years ago, I decided to pull out one of my old books to write for my second attempt at NaNo. I wrote up a description for Infiltration, and plunged into the words.

One girl, at least, found this description intriguing, and sent me a buddy request. Since I liked her username, I accepted it. (And I know for a fact that my book's description was the reason she buddied me, because she told me.)

After my parents withdrew me from NaNo (the forums at least) I kinda lost track of her until she started commenting on my blog and many of my friends. She's guest posted over here once, a long time ago, because she wanted to take part in a tag, and she didn't have her own blog.

Speaking of tags, she's celebrating her birthday this month, and is doing some dragon-themed awesomeness on her blog, including a tag which I shall now dutifully fill out.

(Oh, and please stay tuned tomorrow for the announcementation of all the winners from my own blog party!)

1. Which was your favorite birthday you’ve had and why?

That would be my thirteenth birthday. It was perfect. I got up early that morning (err ... the Saturday after, but that's how it usually works in my family) and went on a nice daddy day, we went to the library, to the park, to ... well, I forget all where I went (except that there was Chinese food for lunch), but just as we were going to head over to the mall to play Lunar Golf, we got a phone call from my aunt saying she had left some cleaning rags at her house that she needed to clean the church with, and would we please bring them to her. So we did, and then we got to the church and there were a bunch of cars in the parking lot - including one person who goes to a different church (she has a very distinctive car), but my brain thought - oh, some sort of woman's meeting. I opened the front door, and the room's dark, but there's a bunch of people sitting on the floor - including my (at the time) two best friends, and all my cousins (who live down here, at least) and while I'm wondering why they're sitting there, they shout surprise, and three seconds later, as the light flies on, I realize that it's my birthday party.

(Big breath)

Yes, I can talk a person's ear off about that party. Seems everyone thought that I had figured it out - multiple people had slipped up about it - but I had been so distracted by my daddy day and a sleepover party that I had been planning a few weeks after that, it hadn't even occurred to me that they would be planning a surprise party for me.

A close second would be my eighteenth birthday, with my blog party.

2. Who is your favorite fictional dragon and why?

Via pinterest
That is ... difficult. I have read so MANY dragons. But ... since you're making me chose I'll go with ...

Oh, who am I fooling. I can't chose in this sort of epicness. Every dragon has its own reason for being amazing. They're DRAGONS after all.

I'm staring at my Goodreads list of dragon books that I've read, and still, none of the dragons are presenting themselves as my favorite. Sooooo ....

I'm going to go with Amber. The Lady Dragon. Because she was the first real villain I ever developed, and she certainly has the best developed backstory and arch even now. She's fictional. You didn't say it had to be a published dragon.



3. What is something awesome you’ve done this summer?

I ... I don't remember most of this summer ... my brain has been ... stressed. I had a blog party. Yes, that's pretty awesome. Which reminds me - don't forget to vote for your favorite story for the "fanfic" contest. (Entries being Water, Fire and Jessica's Summer.) You can let me know your vote in the comments below.

4. What are your favorite flavors of cake and ice cream?

I like lemon or apple cake and whatever ice cream looks lonely. 

Case in point, about four years ago, I went to spend a week at an aunt's, and at the halfway point to her house (she lived two hours away from us, and my parents met them halfway to drop me off to them) we stopped at a place for supper, and there was a blue bell ice cream shop inside, and the aunt got us kids each a cone. Since I'm sensitive to milk, I didn't get ice cream very often, so I had trouble picking, but the lemon looked lonely, and since I like lemon, I chose that. It was good ice cream.

5. Which quality of dragons do you think is cooler, the ability to fly or the ability to breathe fire?

Flying. But I think that their fire breathing is some hot stuff.

6. What is your favorite book that you’ve read this summer?

I have read maybe five books this summer ... but all five of them have been REALLY good (they had to be, because I'm not in the state of mind for the reading of mediocre books). I think I'll go with Secret of the Hazel Tree by Kirsten Fichter. No, it's not published yet, but hold on to your socks folks, this'll be one epic book when it is.

7.Will your age on your next birthday be an even or odd number? Would it also be a prime number?

It'll be an even composite number. But my age this year is an odd prime.

8. If given the choice, would you become a dragon rider?

Oh certainly. I'll have a purple dragon named Sunrise, we'll set all to right and we'll be epic. (Except that my eyes are blue, and I'd be luckiest riding a blue dragon ... eh, well, give the dragon brown eyes, we'll call it good.)

9. Do you actually make a wish before blowing out the candles on your birthday cake?

Doesn't everyone? I also wish on the first star I see every night and wishbones. I make wishes on dandelion puffs and daisies. I'm a bit addicted to wishing.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this post. Great answers! Thanks for participating!
    Just one thing... you never mentioned who your friend was. ;)

    ~Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ... didn't did I ... eh ... can I plead half-asleep brain?

      Look lovely folks, this here is Robyn Hoode, the creator of this lovely tag, click on her name to find her lovely blog, and you too can find this lovely tag and you can put it on your lovely blog. She's even hosting a lovely giveaway!

      Is that better?

      Delete
    2. Works for me! :)

      ~Robyn

      Delete
  2. Fun tag, Kendra!! Dragons are always so epic! ;)

    And your party was a BLAST AND A HALF!! I don't know if I told you yet, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    By the way, I'm mad at myself for not getting around to writing that fanfic. I'm so sorry!! Urgh, life, you know? I'm working on two edits and three writes right now, so I'm swamped. Ah, never mind. Excuses gets people nowhere. Okay, but for my vote, I'll say Kathryn's Jessica's Summer. I must say, I hope the both of you write these books, for even though they sprang from the same two words, they're vastly different. I want to read them both. Just sayin'. It was a friendly suggestion, of course, not a demand. *cough* Whyever would I demand? Okay, okay... it was slightly a demand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *jaw drops* I can't believe I read through this post, commented and everything, and totally missed #6! That's... that's..... *can't comprehend and faints*

    Kendra, you just made my day.... no, my weekend. No, my month. Ah, who am I kidding? This is my next decade right there, folks. *warm, fuzzy feeling inside* *stupid grins that just won't come off*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a close call between yours and Unfairest of the All by Shannon Hale (because that book has a fourth-wall breaking Maddie Hatter), but yours was the one who kept me up way past my bedtime on a work night, so points there. By the way, I have Thoughts that I need to get to you ... but my brain is having trouble organizing these thoughts due to the format the questions are in (PDF) would it be too much to ask that you send me a doc format. I have answers for you - I'm just having trouble sorting my answers.

      Delete
    2. Sure, I can resend it as a document. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and I am eager to hear some of the specifics! ;)

      Delete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...