Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my "things I'm thankful for" list every year. It's hard to choose favorites (especially since this hasn't been a great reading year for me, and most of what I have read has been popcorn or review copies), but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2016 and am thankful for.
- Crannig Castle by Morgan Elizabeth Huneke. The final book of the Time Captives Trilogy. It made me sad. I also was a beta reader for the story, and she sent it to me when I was having a bad day, and getting to read that story completely changed it around (even though the story was sad). So thank you, Morgan. You're amazing.
- Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain by Richard Roberts. This book is one of the reasons that I chose to write ROCKS for NaNo this year. (One of the other reasons is that you guys voted for it). It's an interesting take on the superhero genre, and I quite enjoyed the worldbuilding.
- Yorien's Hand by Jenelle Schmidt. Because my ship sailed. Yay! (Actually, it flew on Dragonback, but why squabble over details)
- Song of the Sword by Hope Ann. One of the best Rapunzel retellings that I've ever read. I'm not sure that it tops Rapunzel's Revenge, but it's close. Very close.
- Lady Dragon, Tela Du. Yes, it's my own book, but I'm thankful for it. Without this story, I wouldn't be the author that I am today, and this story has been with me through some of the most difficult chapters of my life. Also, I'm just thankful that it's finally done, and published, and DONE.
Speaking of more reading, here's one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 25-28. There's literally something for everyone. Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. Don't know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
Yes, my books are in the sale, and yes you can get them for awesome prices!
What awesome reads of 2016 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017?